In short? We're not! We don't offer Black Friday sales or any other general discounts on our merchandise. This is a part of our ongoing business model, so we want to be completely transparent with you about why:
Did you know that most retailers artificially inflate their prices in order to have sales throughout the year? Instead of charging £100 for an item, they'll mark it up to £110 so they can later discount it to £90. That means that some customers are paying more than the item is worth to make up for the discounted prices! We don't believe in operating with that kind of system. (After all, we know how it feels to pay full price and then later find the same item on sale for less - how frustrating!) Instead, we use pricing that honestly reflects the value of each design, and then we keep it at that same price, year-round.
Yes, you can probably find less expensive underwear at your local shopping center. (Though likely not in silk and French lace!) That's because Angela Friedman is a small business, devoted to small-batch production of luxury items. We believe in ethical manufacturing, and creating clothing by hand in London is significantly more costly than mass-production overseas.**
We do understand that not everyone can afford luxury clothing all the time, so here are some other ways that you can save:
- Follow our Instagram closely, including our highlights. Sometimes we run contests in the daily stories for gift vouchers and other promotions!
- Join our email newsletter (sign up at the bottom right of our Contact page). This is the best way to get the VIP treatment. We send out some offers that are exclusive to newsletter subscribers, like free shipping deals and advance sales on new designs.
- Visit our events like pop-up shops and trunk shows. We often have giveaways and free upgrades at these in-person events.
- Check our Etsy shop for sample sale items and discontinued designs. (Note that our regular prices on Etsy are generally higher than here on our website, due to how Etsy processes payments and taxes. That is excepting our sample sale items, which are only available on Etsy.)
- On a tight budget, but love girly, frilly lingerie? Check out our diffusion line, Fairytales by Angela Friedman. It's a fun line of less-expensive underwear in sheer nylon mesh, but still handmade here in London!
As always, we thank you for your continued support of slow fashion and small businesses. And if you have any questions about our pricing structure, gifts, or anything else, please feel free to use our Contact page to inquire.