There's a whole world outside of ready-to-wear lingerie, and you may be wondering about bespoke or custom options. Maybe you fall outside of our size chart or are in-between sizes, or you're pregnant or quite tall and would like some extra fabric to accommodate that. Or perhaps you're dreaming of a silk robe in a colour we don't offer yet, or you want one of our luxury nightgowns to be a bit longer.
You're in luck - we offer custom options on every single one of our designs. Please read on to learn what sorts of customization we offer, how to order a custom garment, and what to expect throughout the process!
Petite length and custom size Simone robe for a Parisian bride. Photo by Les Secret d'Audrey.
That's not to say that absolutely anything is possible, because there are some limitations to how much magic we can create. But we sincerely want to help you in any way that we're able, so contact us with your dreams and we'll see what we can do! Please understand that these extra options may incur additional fees, which depend on the scope of the project. The short read is that we can do custom sizes, change colours of existing designs, and change small design features (like length or trimmings). For a full explanation of what's possible, read on:
What we offer:
- Custom sizes, either made-to-measure (using measurements provided by you or a local tailor) or fully-bespoke (including a fitting in our north London workshop).
- In-between sizes, petites, talls, and plus-sizes. Please understand that some options may require an in-person fitting.
- Bespoke, underwire bras in DD+ cup sizes, in collaboration with full bust brand Harlow & Fox.
- Custom colors for all silks. We can provide almost any color silk imaginable!
- Small design detail changes, such as longer sleeves, a shorter hem, adding or removing bows, or changing lace and trims.
What we don't offer:
- We cannot create fully-bespoke designs. While we're happy to change an existing design a bit, we won't develop a completely new design for a single customer. We hope that you'll understand that there is an enormous amount of time that goes into the development of a new design! Consider the research and development, pattern making and fit testing, sourcing materials, and extensive communications with the client required... With all of that time and energy, we've found that it isn't financially viable to offer this service.
- There are some limits to what we can accomplish with certain styles. Limited edition designs may not have additional fabrics at the ready for bespoke options. Some fabrics and laces are too narrow to accommodate plus sizes or very tall lengths. Some styles may not be suitable for specific projects, like single-layer bralettes for full bust clients. We're happy to make recommendations once you reach out to us about your lingerie aspirations!
- We do not make underwire or fully-structured bras. Whilst we do offer custom sizes for bralettes, please understand that wire-free bralettes do not offer the same kind of uplift and support that an underwire bra does. If you're dreaming of an underwire bra to coordinate with our ranges, we do offer collaborations with Harlow and Fox to create matching options in sizes 30DD to 38G. Contact them for pricing and options.
- Please note that as of September 2021, we have phased out all of our corset designs and are no longer offering custom corsets.
How to place a custom order
- Which style(s), including color choices and size
- A list of the changes you'd like
- For custom sizes, provide as much sizing information as possible. This means body measurements for bust (circumference and bra size), waist, around the hip bones (or low-rise waistband placement) and fullest part of the bum. If you're tall or petite and want a custom length, also give your height and waist-to-floor measurement for long-skirted items.
- Detail your time needs if it's for a special event
- Tell us your location (for shipping and tax, if applicable)
Once we receive your inquiry, we'll follow up with an explanation of what we can offer to suit your bespoke dreams. You'll also receive a price quote for the changes desired. (If you're on a very tight budget, we may be able to recommend simpler solutions or other styles that will be easier and less costly to customize.) We'll also provide a timeframe estimate for when your custom order would be ready-to-ship and a shipping quote.
We'll send you an invoice or process your credit cards in person if you're coming to a fitting in the London studio. You can pay the full amount up-front or we can set up a payment plan: a 50% nonrefundable deposit to begin work with the final payment due before shipping your order. Of course if you have any questions throughout the ordering process, we're always available via email. That's pretty much it - it's a relatively simple process. All we need from you is clear communication about what you want, and we will make it happen!
Examples of past bespoke projects:
Fully-bespoke Clair de Lune corset for a client wearing a 34FF bra size
A custom color choice of our famous silk ruffled panties: cherry red
Custom colour Brigitte corset in grey 100% silk satin
Nicole bralettes and knickers, including bespoke sizes 34DD and XXL
Custom Victoria silk robes in green silk satin, for a small lingerie boutique