Our classic black corset is a simple yet dramatic waist cincher, designed with the strength for regular wearings, yet cut with comfort in mind. Pair it with a bralette and panties for the boudoir, or layer it over a little black dress for an effortless hourglass silhouette.
This underbust corset is made in black cotton twill and is devoid of trimmings for easy washing and smooth lines underneath your clothing. This corset is shaped to support the ribs without constricting your breathing too much, while gently compressing the waist.
Hand wash and lay flat to dry. Made in England. Models wear size M and S respectively.
See "More Information" below for sizing advice and to learn about our construction methods, including our use of steel boning, sturdy English coutil, and reinforced grommets. Our corsets also ship with lacing and care instructions.
How do I put on a corset if I don't have someone to help me? Watch our quick Youtube videos: Putting on an overbust corset yourself.
All of our corsets are handmade with these high-quality features:
- Real steel boning (18 to 30 pieces, depending on style.)
- English coutil lining and a waist tape, guaranteed not to stretch.
- A metal busk closure at the front, allowing for easy dressing, and featuring an under-busk flap to protect your skin.*
- Reinforced metal grommets at the back, with built-in modesty placket to prevent chafing.*
- Long lacing strings to give you size flexibility, and for easy dressing.
- Hand-cut silk or grosgrain ribbon binding for a durable edge finish.
- Dramatic shaping throughout the waist and high hip. These are much curvier than the bustiers at your local department store!
The waist measurements listed are the actual corset size at the waist, not your waist measurement. Our corsets should be up to 4" smaller than your natural waist for beginners or up to 6" smaller for more experienced corset wearers. All corsets should be worn with a 1-2" gap at the back.
For examples and detailed measurement instructions, learn how to choose your corset size.
Our overbust style corsets are best suited for a B or C cup size. (D cups will generally fit as well, but you'll get an extra push-up effect.) For larger cup sizes, you may want to choose an underbust corset and pair it with a bra.
Most orders ship within 1-3 days, but we will contact you if there are any expected delays. Standard transit time is 2-3 business days within the United Kingdom, 4-8 days for Europe and the USA, and 2-3 weeks for the rest of the world, but these times may be longer due to customs backlogs or other shipping delays. If you're in a rush, we suggest shopping from our in-stock and ready-to-ship lingerie selections which all ship within 1 business day.
We offer free tracked shipping for orders over £250 GBP / $300 USD / €285 EUR, applied automatically at checkout. For smaller orders, our rates depend on the weight and shipping service. For full rates and current time estimates, please visit our Shipping and Returns policies page.
Express shipping is via UPS or Fedex for international orders and Royal Mail next day service for the UK. Express options generally take 1 day for the UK, 2-4 days for Europe, 3-6 days for the US and Canada, and 4-7 days for the rest of the world. Our rush shipping options do not include processing times. If you must have delivery by a specific date, please contact us prior to placing your order.
To return an item, you must contact our sales staff before shipping the return to us. All requests for returns must be made within 7 days of delivery and parcels posted back to us within 10 days of delivery, and refunds will be issued minus original shipping costs.
This is an abbreviated list of terms. For more information and to read the full terms and conditions, please visit our Shipping and Returns policies page.
|Size||Bust||Underbust||Waist||High Hip||Low Hip|
|Size||Bust||Underbust||Waist||High Hip||Low Hip|
How to measure yourself:
Bust: Circumference around the fullest part of the chest - Not the same as bra size
Underbust: Circumference around the ribcage where the bra band sits
Waist: The smallest part of the natural waist, 1-2" above the navel
High hip: Circumference around the hip bones, where a low-rise waistband sits
Low hip: Circumference around the fullest part of the bottom, 7-9" below the waist
Need more help? Visit our guide on how to measure yourself.
Dress size chart
|UK dress||Bra size|
|XS||0||6-8||30B / 30C|
|S||2-4||10||32B / 32C|
|M||6-8||12||34B / 34C|
|L||10-12||14||36B / 36C|
|XL||14||16||38B / 38C|
|XXL*||16||18||40C / 40D|
- Bra size: Our bralettes are best suited to a B/C cup size, although many customers who wear A or D cups are also happy with the fit. If you wear a larger cup size, you may be prefer our custom size options or our bespoke DD+ bras.
- *Sizes XL and XXL are currently available in limited styles whilst we work on a size expansion. View our current selections here: XL and XXL
- If you fall in between sizes, we recommend selecting the larger size (except for silk ruffle panties, which have adjustable ties), especially for lounge wear. You'll want a bit of wearing ease for movement.
- Looking for a gift, custom options, or need help choosing the right size? View our blog posts on gift advice or bespoke sizing, or contact us directly, and we'll assist you within 24 hours.
All Angela Friedman garments are ethically manufactured in England. This is our guarantee: No outsourcing to overseas factories, no sweatshop conditions, no cutting corners, and no unliveable wages - Ever. When you shop with us, you're not only indulging in beautiful lingerie, but you're supporting a small business and artisanal, handcrafted fashion.
Whether it's our lace underwear sets, pure silk lounge wear, or boudoir gifts and accessories, we believe in doing things right for our customers, staff, and the community. We pay living wages, support the local economy, and create sustainable and high-quality garments that will last for years, not just for seasons. We also use 100% renewable energy to manufacture our products, recycle all textile off-cuts, and provide off-sets for carbon-neutral delivery of every single order. To learn more, read our ethical manufacturing guarantee and learn about our eco-friendly business practices.