Slip into something just a little more extravagant... And why keep your corsets to the bedroom? Try pairing a corset with a fitted blouse or over a little black dress for a sleek, modern, and elegant night on the town! It'll take 2-3 inches off of your waistline instantly, as well as smoothing those hourglass curves.
The Lavinia waspie features a stunning Italian lace overlay with metallic silver details, with black silk panels at the back. Dry clean only. Made in England. (Matching bra and knickers not included.)
See "More Information" below for size recommendations and to learn about our construction methods.
All of our corsets are handmade with these high-quality features:
- Real steel boning (18 to 30 pieces, depending on style.)
- English coutil lining and a waist tape, guaranteed not to stretch.
- A metal busk closure at the front, allowing for easy dressing, and featuring an under-busk flap to protect your skin.*
- Reinforced metal grommets at the back, with built-in modesty placket to prevent chafing.*
- Long lacing strings to give you size flexibility, and for easy dressing.
- Hand-cut silk or grosgrain ribbon binding for a durable edge finish.
- Dramatic shaping throughout the waist and high hip. These are much curvier than the bustiers at your local department store!
*Excepting waspie corsets, which do not have busks or plackets. All other corsets, including all overbust and underbust styles do have these features.
The waist measurements listed are the actual corset size at the waist, not your waist measurement. Our corsets should be up to 4" smaller than your natural waist for beginners or up to 6" smaller for more experienced corset wearers. All corsets should be worn with a small gap at the back.
For example, if you naturally have a 31" waist (79cm), you may fall between sizes L and XL in the waist. Our size L corset has a 27" waist and our size XL corset has a 29" waist. So if you would like up to 4" of waist reduction, choose the size L. If you would prefer a light smoothing effect, without much constriction, then you may prefer the size XL.
Please note that our overbust style corsets are best suited for a B or C cup size. (D cups will generally fit as well, but you may find a little extra cleavage or push-up effect results.) Make sure to consult our size chart to ensure that your bust will also fit into the size corset you've selected. If you have a fuller bustline, you may instead want to choose an underbust style corset and pairing it with a well-fitted bra of your choice.
|XS||0||6-8||30B / 30C||
|S||2-4||10||32B / 32C||
|M||6-8||12||34B / 34C||25"|
|L||10-12||14||36B / 36C||
|XL||14||16||38B / 38C||
Measurement size charts
Sizing can vary a lot between different brands, so you may want to compare your actual body measurements to a size chart. Please follow these instructions for measuring:
Bust: Measure around the fullest part of your chest - not the same as your bra size.
Waist: Measure around the smallest part of your natural waist, 1-2" (2.5-5cm) above the navel.
High hip: Measure around your hip bones, where your low-rise waistband sits.
Low hip: Measure around the fullest part of your bottom, 7-9" (18-23cm) below the waist.
|Size||Bust||Waist||High Hip||Low Hip|
|Size||Bust||Waist||High Hip||Low Hip|
- Bra size: Our bralettes are best suited to a B or C cup size, although many customers who wear A or D cups are also happy with the fit. If you wear a larger cup size than a D, you may be prefer our custom size options - contact us for details.
- Corset size: This is the actual measurement of the garment at the waist- your waist size should be several inches larger. For more detailed fit information about our corsets, see each corset's product page.
- If you fall in between sizes, we recommend selecting the larger size (except for corsets and silk ruffle panties, which have adjustable ties), as lingerie and lounge wear should be fitted, but not overly constricting. You'll want a bit of ease for movement and sitting comfortably.
- Do you have questions about the proper size selections for your body or for a gift? View our blog post on gift advice, or contact us directly, and we'll assist you within 24 hours.